Sunday, March 1, 2009

First Ride of 09



Well the road bike had been collecting dust for about 4 months , my new hobby rock climbing has been taking up most of my free time. I finnaly managed to get my lazy ass out of bed a make a club ride.

The weather was windy and cold , it was tough to get warmed up and even tougher to stay motivated when taking pulls into the bitter cold wind.After about 10 miles I was warm and the legs started to loosen up a bit.I felt good for the entire ride , since this was my first ride in a while I didnt push it. I stayed at a good HR zone and did my own ride.

Towards the end of the ride we hit a small section of hills where I lost contact group. usually I would be right in the front or middle when tackling this climb I have done so many times before.Its amazing what a few months of no training can do to your fitness and speed.

All in all in was a great ride with riding buddies I havent seen for awhile.Spring is coming quick and my goals for this year is to get back into the form I had in 07 and complete a double century.

It snowed this morning so the training rides are canceled.My wife and I are going to watch the St.Pattys day parade in East Islip with some friends.Hopefully if im not drunk I waill post some pic from the parade.

KrisF

No comments:

Post a Comment